Saturday, April 21, 2012

Chapter #4 Planning the Escape

I woke up from my sleep and saw the other kids picking up clay from the ground and molding it into bricks for the new dens. Molding a clump of clay into a brick I thought if maybe I could escape and go home. I tried to memorize a plan to escape. When It's evening, maybe I could escape and help the others too! But I have to see who I can trust........ I looked around and found a girl the same age as me. I got up from the hay stack and went over to talk to her. "Hi, my name is Blossom. What's your name?" I asked her curiously. "Oh hi, I'm Precious," She smiled talking to me. "How are you?" I added to the conversation. "Great and you?" Precious said while plowing the field. "Good," I lied. It was horrible! No food, no breaks, no water, nothing! "It's good to have someone to talk to. Nightshadow never lets us ta-" "Hey! Stop talking and get back to work! Those dens won't build themselves you know!" Nightshadow cut off. "We could whisper maybe," I suggested. "Good idea. I don't think he'll notice." she said quietly. "Have any of the animals ever thought of escaping?" I asked. "Yes, all of them have and I have too. It's so horrible here. We tried it in so many different ways! We tried to escape in breaks, at evening, when Nightshadow was eating his meals, even when the guards took a bathroom break!" Precious told me. Picking up a shovel I told Precious,"I have a great idea! What if all the animals and us dressed up in camouflage at evening when all the guards and Nightshadow were sleeping!" "That would be good but guards are on duty guarding each one of our tents.." Precious said. "We can go out through the back and sneak off!" I replied with excitement. "Great idea! I'll go and tell the others animals secretly!" she said as she went over to the other animals pretending that she was getting a shovel. "At least I planned my escape," I said to myself ,"and a new friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment