Friday, May 11, 2012

Chapter #5 The Map

The sun beamed down on my tent, looking as if it was the sunniest day of the year. I found everyone still sleeping. Then I saw Precious open her eyes. She said good morning to me and she changed into her work clothes. "Luckily we woke up before Nightshadow and the guards did, they would make us work before everyone else." she whispered to me. We heard someone yawn and zip open their tent. It was Nightshadow. He told the guards to blow the horn for the beginning of the day. Seeing everybody waking up with having dark circles under their eyes I saw something that suddenly fell out of one of the guard's pockets onto the dusty ground. I crawled out to see what it said. It was a map of the new settlement and where the guards are on duty! "I have to show this to the other guys..." I said to myself. Seven hours past of the work with having no break. But finally we got one. I showed it to the animals and Precious said," We could use this when we're escaping tonight! We can escape through the areas where the guards are not there!" she whispered. "Ya! We would sneak past them without them even knowing we left!" an animal whispered. "And we could make dummies of us so they won't think we would be gone! If they check on us during the night, they'll find our dummies sleeping!" another animal added. "Okay, we will escape 30 minutes after the lights go out!" I quickly said not letting any of the guards or Nightshadow hear. "We pack in our next break, we can say we're cleaning up out tent because someone spilled some oatmeal on the mattresses." Precious whispered again. "What are one of the rules on my list? NO TALKING! Is that clear?" Nightshadow yelled at us. "We were just talking on how to make the dens more... um... beautiful your majesty" I lied. "Well get back to work!" he roared.

No comments:

Post a Comment