Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chapter #3 Discovering the Kidnapper

The next thing I new was someone pulling off the black bag from my head. Staring around I wondered who would do such a horrible thing, kidnapping someone when they were picking berries. Then I heard footsteps coming my way. A wolf walked in front of me and said, " Hello, I'm Nightshadow. You must be wondering why we have taken you away from your home, we did this because we need people to work our new settlement." I looked at him confused and thought he was joking. "You're settlement?" I asked curiously. "Yes a settlement. I am the leader of a pack and we moved to a new area of land so we can make a home. We need people to start building the dens and plowing for the new farm." I looked at him again still in shock knowing that I might never be able to see my home again. Also that I would never see Liza. "So are you taking me as you're prisoner..?" I asked wondering if i could ever go back home. "Well.. yes I guess that is the right way to put it. After maybe ten years we will let you free again." Nightshadow said to me. I yelled, "ten years? What I can't be away from my home that long! Liza will be wondering were I am!" He stared at me for a while thinking of something. "Liza? You know Liza?" he asked. "Yes I have lived with here for 4 years since I was born!" I yelled even louder. "How can you speak so well? Plus we cannot let her find you! She is a shaman, she'll take you home and ban me from ever seeing Jamaa again!" "That's your problem not mine! I know how to speak so well cause a shaman taught me.. Anyways I'll be in the most populating places so she can find me!" I replied to the nasty wolf. "Lightshadow, Thunderrock, take this girl to the new settlement so she can start plowing the farm!" Nightshadow called out to the some warriors. "What you can't do that!" I said quickly. "Oh ya, watch me." He looked at me and then saw me being taken to the farm. The warriors threw me in a pile of dirt and said I had to start plowing the fields. I looked around and saw other hopeless kids just like me working on back breaking work. I joined in afraid that the warriors might punish me if I didn't do what I was told. After an hour of plowing the fields Nightshadow came and said we could take a one minute break but we would go and start working on the new homes for the clan. I felt so tired I could sleep anywhere. Then I found a huge pile of hay and fell into a deep sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment