Friday, October 5, 2012

Chapter #7 Running For Life

I woke up and called out that we had to keep on moving. Everyone groaned and got up. We packed our tents and walked to one of the animal's closest homes. First it was Major, a panda who was kidnapped by Nightshadow when he was only two years old. We said goodbye and moved on to the next home. We walked 8 miles to get only half of the animals home. When the sun went down Precious said that we had to eat dinner and go to bed. Precious and Mythical worked on making some fire to heat up dinner.  Then Empress and Lucky gathered some fruits and vegetables. Then I was left making spears and weapons if we were in trouble. "How many spears should I make?" I asked Precious. "I don't know.. Maybe 10 or 12." She called out to me while she was rubbing two sticks together super fast. "Ok." I said while I was gathering 6 more long pieces of wood. I stared at the other animals. They looked so sad. "Maybe we could cheer them up by playing a game or roasting some marshmallows.." I thought to myself. I finished making 13 spears when Empress said that dinner was ready. "Can I get some marshmallows from my sack?" I asked Empress. "Sure. Why not?" I crawled into my tent and pulled out a big bag of marshmallows. "Here," I handed a stick with a marshmallow on it to Empress. "Thanks!" she said sitting down and putting the marshmallow near the fire to warm up. I handed a stick with a marshmallow to everyone. When I saw their faces when I gave it to them and sure enough there was a smile on their face. We sang some songs around the fire, ate dinner, chatted, and finally decided we should get to bed. We all fell into a deep sleep that night...... "Blossom. Blossom wake up." Lucky told me when it was already 7:00 am in the morning. I turned on the other side and put a pillow on my head. "Fine. I guess you just want to get up the hard way." she said. She picked up my feet and dragged me outside my tent. My eyes popped wide open when she dragged me. "Now get up." Lucky said still trying to drag me. "Fine! I'll get up! I'll get up!" I said standing up. I dressed for the day and packed up my tent. I got some water in a bucket from a fresh water river nearby and started drinking. When I was done I went were the fire was last night and kicked the rocks. Lucky came over to me and asked curiously, "Why'd you do that?" "So if one of Nightshadow's guards come looking for us he won't see where we were." I told her kicking more rocks. "Ooooh..." she said walking to help Empress pack. Then all of the sudden I heard a crack. "Shhhh... Be quiet everyone!" I whispered. Everyone fell silent and stared at me. I looked out in the forest... Something was moving.... I heard another crack! "Everyone move quickly! Go as fast as you can!" I yelled. Lucky and I picked up some toddlers and ran as fast as we could, others kept up. Then all of the sudden I heard a scream! "Help! Help ANYONE!" I saw Precious tripped and she had a swollen ankle. "Lucky, go as fast as you can and take the other animals!" I said with panic. "But what about you?" she responded looking more worried than me. "I have to go save Precious!" I said quickly. "But you could die!" Lucky yelled with terror. "I have to go! Run as fast as you can with everyone! I'll catch up and meet you soon!" I yelled starting to run towards Precious. Lucky and everyone else ran until I couldn't see them. I was about 2 meters away from Precious when I saw something crawl out of the woods.

1 comment: